Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selective Outbound CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgsmith80

MIS
May 3, 2007
GB
Hello All,

I have a customer who has a E1 ISDN30 (ETSI) and they want to publish DDI for only selective staff. I have spoken to BT and enabled the ISDN so that the Avaya will distribute the CLI and I have managed to get the system to the following point:

I have the trunk set as Send Name & Number = Yes / Format: natl-pub

I have setup the following in the Public Unknown Numbering:

5 428 203 015302768 11

As you can probably tell the customer is using a 5 digit extension range of 42800 - 42899 and the DDI is 01530276800 - 899.

They want 5 or 6 extensions to publish the full DDI, which is not a problem and is working, however they want all the others to publish Unknown Number or a Masked CLI. How do I achieve that?

I tried setting the station: Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number? N but that just published the main number of 01530276800 which isn't what the customer wants to do.

Any help greatly appreciated.

David

I would think adding just the 5 did extensions to the public-unknown numbering should do the trick.of course you would need to remove the current entry and then add 5 entries with the full extension numbers

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Thanks SmokinJoe,

I did try that, but sadly it just published the same Billing number CLI. The only option I can think of is to to put the DID Extensions in the public-unknown numbering with the CLI (Including DDI) and then the generic range with a fake number that redirects to a message or something :(

What does list trace tac (tg 203) show for outbound callerID when you make a call?

It will show what the switch is passing to the provider. The provider can pass that on, or throw it away and
replace it with customer's billing number and name.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks again for the quick response, but maybe I've mis-explained:

Site ISDN30 DDI = 01530 276800 - 899
Site Extension Range = 42800 - 42899

If I remove all the entries from the public unknown numbering table and make a call out from any extension I get the Main Billing Number of 01530276800.

If I add my test extension 42843 to the PUB-UNK Table with the following:

5 42843 230 01530276 11

Then when I dial out I get my personal DDI of 01530 276843, but when the rest of the site call out they get the MBN of 01530276800.

The main reason this is a problem is that stupidly whoever setup this system let the customer use the MBN Extension (42800) be allocated to a user who is now getting LOTS of calls for people making returned calls.

What I want to achieve is that when everyone ELSE dials out then the CLI is Unknown, but when I dial out with my test extension my true CLI continues to be presented.

I can easily block all CLI by simply telling the provider to block all outbound CLI, but then the Manager won't be able to get DDI anymore.

Thanks for any further help. If it helps I can post the trunk setup and pub table etc.

Cheers

Couple of points...

BT usually expect the same number of digits in the CLI as they send for ddi (6 usually) So I'd set my table as

5 42843 230 876 6

I doubt that is the issue - if outbpund cli works,it works!
Setting the per station cpn to n wll just display the MBN and to r will show private / witheld. This can be set at the trunk group or stationevel
What i would do...
You could ask BT to change the MBN...

Or

Add to the public unknown table
Len ext del cpnprefix cpn len
5 42 5 276123 6
5 42843 2 276 6
OR
5 42843 5 276843 6

Because the 2nd is more specific it will override the previous line

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks Matt,

Not sure if I understand what your suggesting? My public unknown table doesn't allow for digit deletion, I'm running Avaya ACM 6.2 not sure if that's different to what your imagining.

The customer has told me today there probably isn't one generic number to be broadcast out to the world, so I REALLY need to try and understand how I can broadcast the number as hidden or unknown for all calls except a selective few if that is even possible.

Kind regards
David

Sounds to me like the carrier is presenting your lead number when there is no CLI information provided.
If you Flag Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number? to R the carrier should respect the privacy flag and present as Blocked or Private.
Will that do?

My bad.. was doing that from memory...

Ext ext trk cpn cpn
Len code prwfix len
5 42843 276 6
5 42 276123 6

That should show ddi from outbound calls from 42843 and 01503276123 for all others

Take Care

Matt

Thanks Speewah - I will try that in a moment and let you all know what happens.

Matt - What your suggesting would mean I'm broadcasting a CLI that doesn't even belong to me. That would be much worse!

Dave

Bt won't by default let you send a cli you don't own... if you want to do that you need to obtain type 5 cli release

However you can substitute a valid number instead of the one i used and it should be good

Take Care

Matt

Matt - I'm not sure that is technically correct - BT have set the ISDN30 to Type 3 ETSI Number Presentation which means I can broadcast whatever number I like. In my tests I was broadcasting my Mobile number as the CLI. I think this option is only available on ISDN30's in ETSI configuration but not sure. Either way I've not had the time to test it yet but will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks

matt said:
Bt won't by default let you send a cli you don't own

I'm not sure that is technically correct

I'm sure it is

BT have set the ISDN30 to Type 3 ETSI Number Presentation

Not being picky, but Type 3 Number presentation is not default! From a technical point of view there is no difference between Type 3 and Type 5 - the difference is in the reason for using it. OFCOM allow the scenario for outbound callcentres to present a CLI that doesn not terminate back on teh same system - this to allow calls to redialled back to an inboudn call centre. Type 5 is for forwards etc.

That you have type 3 presentation is an important point - because of the way that CLI is signalled in that case. In "normal" i.e. non Type 3/5 scenarios, BT will want you to send 6 digits back to them. In Type 3/5 they will want full E.164 numbering and the format set to public-unk.

I have type 5 CLI release on the systems I administer and my public Unknown table is similar.

All of that said...

Code:
Ext                       ext                trk                cpn          cpn 
Len                       code                                  prefix       len
 5                        42843                                 1503276      10          <---- you might need 01503276 len 11 i.e. a leading zero
 5                        42                                    1503276899   10          <---- you might need 01503276899 len 11 i.e. a leading zero

Should suit your needs. the point is that the most specific extension code should be matched and the OB CLI manipulated accordingly. You will need to add 1 entry for each extension that gets special treatment, unless you can easily group them into ranges of say 10

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back