Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting how much and what part of BMP to display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brak

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
US
Hello,

Is there a way to control what part of a BMP is displayed in the screen manager?

If I have a BMP with a size of 800X600, but I only want o display the BMP from 100,100 to 600,500, or from 700,500 to 800,600 how would I do that.

Thanks in advance.

B"H
Brak

I don't think there is anyway to do this - I would just define two separate .BMP files and call one or the other.

Pete Berlowitz
Rohbe, Inc.

Brak,
While this wouldn't be that hard with the appropriate control in VFP, remember that FoxPro for Windows was little more than a cosmetic update to the mature FoxPro DOS product, and image handling was a true addon kludge.

Rick

So there is no way to manually over ride the top-right corner starting point then? :(

I want to be able to view certain parts of an image at a high resolution, but it can't fit in the screen, so I need a way to either select certain sections, or add scroll bars to the image some how. I have thought of spliting the image into two or three images but that will take up a lot of space and will be quite time consuming as I will be dealing with hundreds of images.

Is there anything with the fox add-ons that could help, like a FLL or a scrgenx or something?

I remember hearing somewhere before the mention of a jpeg add-on to Fox, would that be of help?

Thanks for the help so far.

B"H
Brak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back