Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

Programmer
Mar 19, 1999
GB
Does anyone know where I can find some info on how the NT security policies work?&nbsp;&nbsp;I have searched the Microsoft web site and found nothing useful at all...<br><br>Cheers<br>Jon <p> Jonathan<br><a href=mailto:j.w.george@virginnet.co.uk>j.w.george@virginnet.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Working with: Visual Basic 6, Access 97, Visual Interdev 6, VBScript, Active Server Pages, SQL Server 6.5, Oracle 7

If you mean setting up user profile based policies, essentially you use ploedit.exe to create&nbsp;&nbsp;file called ntconfig.pol which must be copied to each domain controller in its NETLOGON share.&nbsp;&nbsp;Users logging on pick up the restrictions you've set.<br><br>Try searching your sources for references to poledit.exe.&nbsp;&nbsp;There's a fair amount of info in &quot;Mastering Windows NT Server&quot; by Mark Minasi.&nbsp;&nbsp;You could also search Windows2000 Magazine for references on policies at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Hope you have lots of bandwith if you start implementing security policies, then run lists, then roaming profiles, etc.<br>Chris <p> <br><a href=mailto: burnz@technologist.com> burnz@technologist.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back