Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security - Automatic disclaimer 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuria

Technical User
Jan 26, 2000
KE
Where can I get a utility to allow me to attach a simple disclaimer message for every email that goes through the IMC. This should be done automatically for all outbound mail. To work in Exchange 5.0 and 5.5 SP2.

All you have to do is type your disclamer in Word and save it as a document template(.dot). Leave a couple of empty lines at the top. Then under Tools/Options/Mail Format (Outlook2000)- tick &quot;use Word as e-mail editor&quot; and then use Template Picker to browse to your disclamer.<br>
<br>
The only down side to this approach is that it also adds the disclaimer to internal messages. Maybe you can use the Rules Wizard to get around that problem.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
LabNinja

Thanks LabNinja for your response. However, the solution you suggested is to be applied at the mailbox level and therefore applies to only those who send mail from the particular Outlook profile. What I need is one that works for all the mail going out through my Exchange IMC thus is applied to all outgoing mail for an enterprise.Users should have no interaction with the process of attaching the signature.<br>
Regards.<br>
Kuria

If possible try a third party product. GFI makes a product called Mail Essentials. The disclaimer is a option for all outgoing mail. You can even have it attached to incoming mail. Unlimited user is about $2500. Of course it provides other features. <br>
<br>

I know this can be done via native exchange, as we are currently doing it! However, it was our old Exchange administrator that set it up... Anyone any ideas about this?

Ah ha! Apparently its a registry entry... all I need to do now is find out which one!

Find out what was put at the bottom of the outgoing emails and search the registry for it...<br><br>If it is embedded in a file, search for a file containing text then once you have the filename search for that in the registry.

i'm experiencing the same problem.creating a template is an option but not the solution. surely it must be a built-in exchange feature.where is all the exchange experts??

This isn't a native Exchange feature.<br><br>From <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> you absolutely have to have this capability, you have two choices. First is to use the freely available disclaimer utility (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> which is actually an extension that installs alongside the IMS. It's free, but it's unsupported, and you can only configure it through the registry. Second is to use a third-party content management utility, like Content Technologies' MIMEsweeper or Worldtalk's WorldSecure Server, that can do this.<br><br>Also mentioned a lot are GFA Mail Essentials and the <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> question is quite old, so why didn't anybody else answer this? Maybe because you could have found this answer yourself by doing a simple search on some of the better sites like tek-tips, techrepublic and exchangefaq...<br><br>Gtx,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Fred<br>

I subscribe to the Windows2000 magazine's Exchange Administrator newsletter and in the April 2000 issue there is detailed instructions on how to edit the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameters registry key to put a disclaimer on all internet bound mail.<br>I'll send you a copy if you would like.<br>Mike

I'd appreciate a copy please fvcu.<br><br><A HREF="mailto:tech@zelandakh.co.uk">tech@zelandakh.co.uk</A><br><br>Many thanks

fvcu,<br><br>I'd appreciate a copy of this info also, if possible.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

I know of an excellent product that does this and much more, it's called mailwall and retails for less than £1000

May i have a copy of newsletter as well.<br>Thanks<br>Aafaq

I wouldn't mind a copy of the newsletter myself. If it's not to much trouble.<br>Thanks<br>FCT

May i have a copy of newsletter as well.<br><br><A HREF="mailto:dwong@zuelligpharma.com">dwong@zuelligpharma.com</A><br><br>Thanks a lot..<br>

For the <B><U>Exchange Administrator Newsletter</U></B> article on putting a disclaimer on all internet bound mail go to:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> select &quot;<B>Back Issues</B>&quot;, then select <B>April 2000</B>. The article is available to visitors. It is titled &quot;Using the IMS Extention DLL&quot;.

The article indicates that a I need the file imsext.dll off the Microsoft BackOffice 4.5 Resource Kit CD-ROM from the platform\Exchange\Web directory of the CD-ROM . Does anyone know an easy way to get the Resource Kit CD-ROM, or the DLL? I am having trouble locating it on Microsoft's site. If it is something I have to purchase does anyone know where to buy it? Thanks.

Hi everybody,

I've used the imsext.dll and selected to use this instead of the routing table.
now, i've experienced problems sending mails to certain external parties such as Hotmail.com
Strange thing, this happens only to users who dial in to the co. No problem from the WAN though.

Any idea how to remove imsext.dll?
Pls help.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back