Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure a DAP with a password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniproshop

Programmer
Apr 24, 2007
CA
I need to secure a DAP with a password. I thought I had to secure the access database itself but when I open the DAP, the system ask for the password and then I get an error.

I would like also to give full access to certain users and restricted access to others.

Thanks.

You can create your own login screen, or use microsoft's mdw.
See the following:
Access Permissions in the Data Link Properties Dialog Box Are Not Saved

Common data access page deployment Errors
look at the paragraph above references

Deploying Data Access Pages on the Internet or Your Intranet
See the paragraphs on security

The first thing I tried to do is setting a password in my mdb access database. Problem is I should have done this before I created all of my DAPs. With the password, I cannot get the data when I run the DAP, I got an error msg. what's the easiest way to set a password in my database and have the DAP working?

Yes I want to put a password on the database but I was told that the password has to be set before I create the dap. I forgot the password at the beginning and I want one. If I set it now and open the dap from the webpage, I got an error and no data are displayed after I entered the password.

I create a database with some DAP's. I then set a Database password. I opened a Dap, typed in the database password and saw the info in the Dap.
"but I was told that the password has to be set before I create the dap". Where did you get that statement? I would like to see the documentation.

Did you try this in the Page object window:
Rename a DAP pointer ( add a 1 or something to the page name)
Click New - Existing Web Page. Select the web page to create a new link. Then try and open it from a web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back