Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary Voicemail Waiting Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgal

MIS
Jan 3, 2003
CA
How would I enable a second Message Waiting light for a second DN on a 2616 handset. This person has two DIDs each with their own voicemail. His primary DN uses the main lamp for voicemail, but his second DID/DN doesn't notify him of voicemail.

Thanks.

Thanks. That'll help prevent missed voicemails. :)

Hmm, I'm using MAT to administer the handset. Go to assign that feature to a key, and it doesn't show up. Is this a limitation of MAT, the m2616 or cause I'm using an Option 11c os23.55?

I would like the answer to this one also in detail please. I also use Mat.

i use MAT 6.53 and it has the XWMK option.
for me i just had to select a unused key, and XWMK will show up at the bottom of the list. Basically like you are adding a new SCR line but you just select XWMK, the mailbox to monitor, and the Mailcenter DN

Really? I double click on a key and go through the entire list. There are no keys starting with an X.

Ok, either way, if I can't do it in mat, what would be the commands to change one key to a xmwk for a specific DN?

Do you need a certain system version for this? Do you have to have mermail, or can you use an octel? Basically I tried to do an easy change on the handset, and it gave me an error when I pressed space after typing XMWK in the key change. Said the nmemonics couldn't be found.

This is just really wierd.

According to the Nortel doc. You have to have a M3903, m3904 or m3905 for this feature. Also CLS needs to have SMWA XMWI. Then number you are programming the message key for also has to appear on the telephone too. It can be as SCR or SCN. I have done this on several M3904's and found it also works with ACD groups that have a general mailbox, but on the ACD group, if your personal number appears on another telephone it will not light the lamp when a message is left in the general mailbox.

Thanks... I thought you could do it on a 2616. The guide I had showed a 2616 in the example.

I will try a 2616 tomorrow and let you know one way or an other.

Depends on the software release of your switch if you can use this feature. I don't know the exact release but you should be able to do a little research and find out.

It does work on a 2616. All you need to do is in the CLS make sure you have MWA SMWA then configure you phone with a SCR or SCN of the number you want the message waiting key and the XMWA key as well. Here is a print out, the DN on the phone is 6887 and the message waiting number I am working with is 6888. Phone mail is 7203.

TN 84 0 11 3
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES 6887
TN 084 0 11 03
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7203
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS CTD FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWA AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7203
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 6887 0 MARP
04 SCN 6888 0
CPND
NAME Jesse
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
05 XMWK 7203 6888
14 MWK 7203
DATE 26 NOV 2003

I have tried this myself on a 2616 and 3904 using the same test dn's using MAT 6.67. In fact both sets will show the xmsg waiting indication at the same time. Like someone said before, the DN to be monitored must appear on the phone for it to work. It is best to make it appear first (if using Mat) then add the XMWK. I have an Octel 250.

Thanks. Obviously it's my system version that's limitting me from doing this. We're using 23.55.

Thanks for your help.

i think you may also need LMPX (or LMPA, don't have my NTPs right now) in the CLS.

Yeah, I can't add that CLS either, since the system verison is too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back