Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary Voicemail Waiting Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgal

MIS
Jan 3, 2003
CA
How would I enable a second Message Waiting light for a second DN on a 2616 handset. This person has two DIDs each with their own voicemail. His primary DN uses the main lamp for voicemail, but his second DID/DN doesn't notify him of voicemail.

Thanks.

Does this work for phantom DN's as well?

I get the following error when trying:-

(MAT0048) XWMK is not configurable for MMT sets & Phantom DN's must be single appearance DN's.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

This will not work on hantoms as the number/ext. needs to appear on the phone and phantoms can not be multiple appearance.

Ah, Great. Least I know now :)

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to sort this problem with our system? We have a phone (7553) which also has a phantom number (7555) and both of those numbers have a voice mail box.

When a person has a message in each VM box and only check one the light goes out. So they never know they still have one waiting in the other VM box.

Is it possible to get the system to re-check and re-light the other VM box on a more regular basis. Overnight the system must do a routine which spots the unopened VM.

Cheers guys,

Plantman

You would have to remove the phantom ext first and add it to the set before you can add the xmwk

i still think your software release is too low to support XMWK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back