Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary Call Forwarding off Net 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmtb

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
We have a customer asking us to essentially offer them an external hunt group at certain times of the day.
eg. Anyone that calls in will be sent to cellphone A, however if cellphone A doesn't answer (and doesn't have a Voicemail option setup), then they'd like the PBX to try cellphone B.

I don't know if this a PBX limitation or whether it's in some system parameter setup but I'm finding that as soon as the call is passed to cellphone A the Avaya will drop the call.

Am I looking for a solution that doesn't exist?

i think you need to program a VDN? AND IN THE VECTOR YOU CAN SPICIFIE THE HUNT AND for how long..

It shouldn't drop the call, voicemail detection might be set to high in "change off con" so it drops the call if they answer to fast.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

In the vector vector make sure the statement is "coverage N" "unconditionally" on cell phone A route to statement.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks for this, possibly my terminology is confusing, the call doesn't drop as such, more that it drops out of the Vector. It does connect to Cell A, but if they don't answer it doesn't move on to Cell B and a trace shows that the call has left the Vector so not sure how it would get it back.
The routing statement does set to Coverage N unconditionally.

ok so test this by ringing a land line that is busy (change the route to number for A in the vector) , as you need to see if your vector is working and a busy land line will send back correct busy tone to the switch and call processing will continue in the vector , in this scenario does cell phone B ring ??

If that bit works put back cell phone A`s number , and you need to look at other settings, im pretty sure that the off pbx setting that jannie mentions wont work unless you say use an x ported station with ec500 to route to instead of the current cell phone number ... worth a try.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

If the call rings on Cell A it leaves the vector, you need to return from Huntgroup RONA or such for it to be processed again.

Don't know which CM version you have or if you're using EC500 for the mobiles, easiest would be to set them in a split and use Re-Hunt on No Answer.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

As long as the number you route to returns a valid busy signal (in the uk for isdn PRi this would be cause 17 ), CM will hold onto the call and continue vector processing to the next step this is the bit you are struggling with the cell phone is not returning a busy signal in time on indeed that cm knows how to deal with.

So you could in your original scenario set up cell phone A to divert on busy no answer to a Number that points back at your switch , send to a vdn then vector that returns busy signal , i have tested this and it works but its a bit clumsy , the problem is the cell phone you are never going to be able to account for all scenarios like if its out service etc.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks again everyone,
The cellphones are nothing to do with this PBX so EC500 doesn't come into it. They belong to a third party vendor that we are routing off to in the event that we aren't around to answer the call, the vendor has advised that their technicians won't have voicemail set so the calls will just ring, however for the reason that they aren't our phones the clunky but workable option of having them re-route back to our switch for further processing isn't an option.
The CM is 6.3.

So they need to figure out where to divert them to for you so the CM receives its busy signalling , if not this will never work.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Ohh and you can still use ec500 for numbers that are not associated with you so that is still a viable option.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Just to let you know I have got this working :
1. Setup an exported station
2. Give the exported station a dedicated coverage path
3. In the coverage path setup remote coverage points
4. Configure the remote coverage points to be the mobile numbers for the third party.
5. Add these mobile numbers as dedicated entries in the ARS Analysis table (Don’t ask why but without it the trace looks fine however the phones don't ring).
6. In the Vector, we route the call to the exported station.

Good stuff glad you got it sorted.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back