Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SD Card Full - No Free Space Can't retrieve VM messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobertb

Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
US
IPO 500v2
Embedded VMail

Callers appear to be leaving messages but there is nothing to playback.
Can't do things like re-record your greeting
Checking the SD card shows a BIG RED CIRCLE. No Free Space Card is completely full.

Can anyone help with a strategy?

Delete voicemail messages.
More drastic is to recreate the SD card.
That is all you can do.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Happened to me a couple of months ago. In the dynamic VM folder, where all the user's greetings and messages are located, there was this huge file with no user associated to it (it only showed the create/read-only and other options). Couldn't delete it from the card management options, had to pull it out and delete it from my laptop. IPO 8.0(??). I checked in recently and another "ghost" file has created itself, this time only 12MB of size. I could delete this one from Manager; probably couldn't the first time since it was full and it needed a bit of buffer space to delete it.

Anyway, since they're under warranty, I told our support staff to just change the SD card and not let it linger. Going there for the swap soon.

This happened to me a while back and even when I deleted all the messages it was still same, the fix for me was recreating the SD card. its a ball ache time wise but it fixed it for me :)

APSS - SME Communications
ACIS - SME Communications
ACSS - SME Communications
AIPS - Avaya IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back