Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

script etc to log in to server using dos boot disk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddysey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2000
US
Does anyone know of of script etc that will enable the nic and login to a 2000 or netware server from a 95/98/nt workstation using a boot disk. I do not want to bring the windows operating system up and need to boot and run from DOS.

Thanks,
Mike

If you give me your email address I will email you a self-extracting file I made. It will create a DOS boot disk that will use a 3COM 3c90x NIC. You will be able to change the NIC driver to match you NIC if you need to.

Here's my email address, can I have that file as well :) Thanks!!

tobmello@aol.com
or
aanand@qwest.net

Bob,

My e-mail address is mike@mike-stephens.com. thanks alot!

BOB
Silly me, I have lost the network boot disk, could you remail it. I'll be more careful this time.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Bob! I also need this network bootable file. Here's my email address azamtanoli@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

hi Bob,

If you could e-mail me the boot disk file, I would really appreciate it. hiteshm@home.com

Thank You
Hitesh.

Does anyone here still have that DOS Client? I would appreciate it if someone could email it to me.

Thanks,
Matt Mencel
matt@cmitech.com

I know this is an old post but if anyone still has the file for floppy boot to a network, I would really appreciate a copy. My email is dms@dmscci.com.

Thanks in advance.

Donna

You want the ultimate boot disk with lots of card drivers that works and any windows system. This guy’s site is the best I have found. I have been using this disk (After self assembly) for 6 months. And I cannot fault it.

You have down load the client and you use winrar to add your own drivers if you like. Very good. Be patient. I use it with Norton’s Ghost to image laptops.
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back