Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen resolution problems at startup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprobe

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
NZ
I am running a machine with 98SE and have recently changed my monitor from a 17" back to a 14".

Unfortunately the initial screen display is at such a high resolution that on some screens I've tried you can hardly read the logon screen and on others, the video display is totally un-readable.

However, once logged on by guess work as you can't see the cursor, the correct resolution that I've set up of 800x600 takes over and it's fine.

What controls the initial resolution at the logon screen and how can I reduce it?

Maybe the 800x600 will be kept if you run regedit and go to
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Display\Settings and set Resolution to "800,600" (?)

Great!

Many thanks, that has fixed the problem.[thumbsup2]

This is not a big problem. your 14" monitor is not supporting your 17"monitor resolution setting..solu...
boot your machine in safe mode and set 16 color display setting don't forgat apply. After this boot system in normal and reconfigure your display setting with supported resolution.HOPE WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back