Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO 5.0.6 Mouse Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunfireSSR

Technical User
Nov 3, 2011
US
I recently installed SCO 5.06 on a new SuperMicro P4sca MB with only this mouse(PS/2)issue. After the install, I used the "mk mouse" command to install the mouse driver. The ball action works fine, but the mouse buttons don't won't or respond everytime. I used the "usemouse echo" command to watch the reaction from the mouse to confirm the buttons weren't being seen by the system. I tried all (3) mouse settings and (2) different brands of mice. I tested both mice on another SCO Box with no issues. I also tried changing the kbm_poll and kbm_resolution settings with no luck.
I've never installed SCO on a P4 MB before so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the PS/2 on the MB.
I've been putting SCO on P3 MB's for about 13 yrs. now, and I'm still learning. This is the 1st time to use a P4 MB.
Any help will be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks !!!

Why are you using 5.0.6? 5.0.7 does a good job of auto-detecting mice during install. Plus it supports USB mice if there's just something broken about the PS2 port on the P4 MB. What type of mouse did you select during the initial install?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services, a WCS Affiliate
SCO Authorized Partner
Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
Unix/Linux/Windows/Hardware Sales/Support

Patw - Thanks for your answer 1st of all. We aren't and probably won't upgrade to 5.07 because we are slowly moving away from SCO (I've heard this for years now). And yes, 5.07 would have been great for USB support, but I lost that argument years ago. What I did find is that the PS/2 controller on the original P4 MB is bad. I moved everything over to a P3 and then another P4 MB and it works fine. We are going to look at another brand of MB. Thanks again Pat...

One more question. How do I mark this post closed ?

No such thing on this site, your update that the issue is now fixed is enough, thanks!

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back