Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN Issues - Calling Between Locations, hearing dead air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello All,

So I was thrown into this issue and its a hot mess. I did not do the initial programming and I am fairly new to SCN's so help would be greatly appreciated.

We have users extension Dialing between locations and receiving caller hearing dead air

Also, this happens occasionally on external calls where the caller is hearing dead air.

My Findings:

One Big Issue - They Have One Location on 9.1.6 and the other two locations on 8.0(43)

- Location one on 9.1.6 has 20 VCM Channels and 12 SCN Voice Networking Channels
- Location two on 8.0(43) has 20 VCM Channels and 4 SCN Voice Networking Channels
- Location Three on 8.0(43) has 10 VCM Channels and 4 SCN Voice Networking Channels

At Location one, I am showing 23 Occurrence of "No free channels were avail Outgoing Group ID:18"
2_hfs07w.png

1_eifqsg.png

I am also showing these Errors:

3_zdjcfl.png

4_wg4t6g.png

- Location two on 8.0(43) has 20 VCM Channels and 4 SCN Voice Networking Channels
65_clraf2.png

- Location Three on 8.0(43) has 10 VCM Channels and 4 SCN Voice Networking Channels
66_eyq2oz.png

I know you are supposed to be no more then 1 major release apart when running SCN and you are 2 apart. I have, however, seen a R7 work with a R9 but it had some weird bugs crop up. That being said, I am not sure it is actually a version issue. It sounds more like a connection issue. Is the VPN staying up and active? Is it possible you have a networking issue such as an IP conflict?

So is the Audio 1 way? The caller hears dead air but does the callee hear anything?

I remember on an older version of 9.0 there was an issue with Allow direct media path being enabled causing 1-Way Audio issues. I haven't touched 8.x in a long time so i don't remember if the bug existed in that version.

You also seem to definitely be having network issues but i would think if that was causing the dead air you would also be getting calls that would go to dead air in the middle of the call or calls dropping.

At Location one, I am showing 23 Occurrence of "No free channels were avail Outgoing Group ID:18" - Not sure which kind of line that is but if you don't have any free channels the call shouldn't even connect.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have their IT Guys Monitor the VPN Connections. I am thinking they are needing faster connections. I believe two of the site are only at 1.5mbps and one is at 3mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back