Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scn fallback

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
Just wondering where the phones get the ip address of the second IPO when setting up SCN fallback. Is it in the .txt files and which one so that I can confirm it is set up corretly, we are having a problem that the SCN fallback will not work but the SCN works fine.
Mike

You can assign multiple ip addresses in the ip phone if using a Dhcp server, valuse must be separated by a comma.

MCIPADD=192.168.42.1,192.168.1.150,MCPORT=1719,HTTPSRVR=192.168.42.1,192.168.1.150

Phone will try to register to first ip address, if it fails it will register to the second one etc.

If you use the main IP Office as dhcp server for the IP phones the IP Office will provide both ip addresses.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I realize that but I have been reading that the when the SCN fallback is configured the IP phones will know about the second or backup IPO. Where is this info kept on the phone?
Mike

Does your backup site have exts and users that match the exts that would be falling back?? If so delete them and try again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back