Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

safenestvmem

Technical User
Nov 16, 2019
US
I set up an existing site with an SCN from sure A to Site B following the IPO instructions.

All looked well before using it and I've been getting this error:

No response to IP trunk call request. H.323 Line: 17 IP Address: 192.168.3.53

Not much posted about how to deal with this kind of error.

Thanks

Make sure you have an IP route. Use SSA to see if you can ping site B from A and and the reverse. That would be a good start. That and more information about your setup than 'following the IPO instructions'

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yes thank you for advice.

I'll be there again this morning I will follow your instructions and get the information back to you.

This is a site with software version 8.1 that used to have two buildings connected together and then for the last several years they were not linked UP but they want to re-establish the link so we do have the networking licenses at both ends using DS 9508s.

The link is over a closed fiber Network so I'm not sending this through the internet the same IP address range locations because it's a closed fiber link used only for the purpose of the IPO the data Network uses a different fiber link.

I do have a question does the systems send years calls back and forth to verify the connection and this is why I'm getting this error?

We are going to check the switches at both end I believe there are several years old their Netgear switches that the fiber plugs into it both ends.

Just make sure you have a default route. IP address 0.0.0.0 and mask 0.0.0.0 gateway of your local network and make sure it is assigned to the network port you are using (LAN1). It does send ACK/NACK signaling to make sure the connection is up.

Yes I was able to ping and yes I did confirm the default route is:
LAN 1

Site A is 192.168.3.51
Site B is 192.168.3.53

Does site B use the same LAN 1 address of 192.168.3.1?

They can be on the same subnet just like any other two devices you want to talk to each other. The gateway of the IP Route will be the same on both but each IPO needs a unique LAN1 address. If you are talking the 'Gateway Address' on the SCN line, site A will be set to site B and vice versa. Need to make sure to change the Line Group ID as well on the SCN Line.

They are on the same campus in separate buildings using the same internal FIOS and not connected to the public internet.

They use a single either 192.168.3.1 at site A.

IPO site A is: .51 (PRI)
IPO site B is: .53

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back