Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN design question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalG

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
CA
System A = Server edition 11.1.3.0
System B = ipo 500V2a 11.1.3.0 with voice networkink licences & vcm channels

My question is: I want site B to be able to call site A. But i want site B to use its own embedded voicemail. I dont want site B to be in the server edition solution. ( bad internet connection on remote site B )

Is it supported ?

Far as I remember, you can't even build SCN trunks between a standalone 500V2 and server edition.

You could build standard H.323/non SCN trunks between the systems. You'd have to build the dial plan manually via shortcodes on each system, and you won't get any other SCN features such as distributed hunt groups, but you could make and receive calls between the two.

You need 2 server edition licenses, 1 for the Priamry and 1 for the secondary. The entitlement for h323 trunks on server edition is a Server Edition License. No way around it.

@telecomtekperson is right, you need 2 SE licenses (one per node) and this will automaticaly enable a full SCN connenction between nodes, no needing of other licenses 'cause the networking one are included in the Server Edition package.

Workaround is if you want to create the same connection via a SIP trunk but let's face it. More work to set up more work to troubleshoot down the road and lots more headaches over all.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back