Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN Constantly Going Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
I'm having an issue with the SCN that I set up. It's a 2 site SCN and the connection goes down every couple of days. Rebooting the system brings it back up, but after a while, I'm sure the customer is going to grow tired of rebooting the system constantly. does anyone else have this issue? Both systems are 8.0.43

If they have a dedicated voice circuit put different routers on each end (drayteck etc) create a vpn and watch the link stay active with unpresidented gloating and then tell them to say its the ipo at fault.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Update: I had them reboot the Cisco router after the SCN went down and that did bring the SCN back up. This is clearly a network issue and the IT guys are going to look into it...finally

Nice job proving there problem :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

i had the same exact issue with a 5 site scn.

after the finger was pointed at us for months the IT guys made firewall changes that eventually corrected the problem

I have had several issues like this that were all determined to be networking issues but have a current one that we can't fix using the previous solutions.

rval80, did their IT get a solution in the end and if so what was it?

Thank You

It is always the network :)
We never make mistakes!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I know I do it right, cause I have to do both the phones AND the next work, AND the appliance server, AND the all the other apps!

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back