Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving data within Element Manager (BCM 50)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooreTel

Programmer
Dec 12, 2014
CA
Within Element Manager, I have my bench system element listed...no problem when I go back into EM, the file is there & intact.

However, I'm trying to save a 2nd Network Element for a system that I'm installing soon. I created a New Folder, created a New Element and can connect & view.

I can create a backup, however after exiting EM, when I want to go back into that same element, the file does not show on the screen. I have to keep creating it each & every time. What am I missing?

UPDATE: It shows as it should on my laptop, but still not on my PC.

If it saved the first Element and not the second I wonder if you delete the first one, restart EM then re-create the first one and see if it takes....if not then maybe a permissions issue all of a sudden or EM glitched.
But yes what version is the PC on EM and Windows? including if 32 or 64 bit.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

What version of Element Manager are you using as the latest one is located at

Make sure that you have the link and any BCM system IP address entered in Java under the exception tab. Also have Java set to high only.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

EM version are the same on my PC & the laptop: 60.2.0
Doesn't matter as much now as I installed the 2nd BCM on Tuesday, therefore not really needing it here anymore. I will find and download the latest version for both my pc & laptop...

Thanks anyway...

All I get from that link is:
Welcome to the BCM Application Server. This server provides the latest versions of the BCM applications such as
the Business Element Manager, Data Migration Manager and InTouch.

Download the Java JRE if its not automatically installed from sun.com.

Having trouble installing java? Try to un-install java first.

Copyright (c) Avaya Inc. 1999 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Am currently running Ver 8 update 121 (build 1.50_121_b13) on Windows 10 64 bit

Did both options & disabled the newer version. Now all I get is this:

BCM 5.0 Software Update Links go Here

Nope, notta, no way. Even added that address as an exception....

Where is, or are you trying to install the latest version of BCM Element Manager?. My Avaya version is using the default location of e.g.

C:\Users\Firebird\.bcm\BEM

There are issues from Windows 7 and later where putting some installed programs in certain directories such as C:\Program Files" or root etc can cause file restrictions on changes to occur due to extra security being applied by Microsoft.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I'll check this out when I get a minute & get back to you. Yes Curly I can go to the main page to download applications, etc. Am using IE.

#1 what version of Firefox?
I have 53.0 (32-bit) which is the last update I did a couple weeks ago and the update site or main bcm page will not load the java box....not even the outline of it.
and when you said EM above did you mean IE or it's replacement Edge?

The only way I can get MooreTels error is entering instead of MooreTel when you do enter does it change to when you see that error?

My IE is ver 11.1066 with update ver 11.0.41

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I am using Internet Explorer 11.1066.14393.0, update version 11.0.41.

Yes it changes as you describe without the /ApplicationLauncher.

Elemner Manager was installed in c:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\Business Element Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back