Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Safety of 3904/3902 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamar177

Technical User
May 28, 2019
PK
I am maintaining Nortel Meridian opt 11c at top of hilly terrain where thunderstorms and Heavy lightening is common phenomena. It is pertinent to mention that my 3 to 4 digital set 3902/3904 had become unserviceable during this type of weather condition. I have installed IDF tag block with safety/protection modules but unable to control this unserviceability.

Please guide me to safe my digital sets.
Is there any protection device for sets or some diode type local setting ??

Generally speaking, you will need to properly earth all the major components. Analogue sets cab have lightning protectors fitted across the pair to help prevent a spike. I see that you have already carried out some work on this.

Perhaps you might have to unplug the phones and rely of the analogue devices when you next get a chance of Lightning.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks dear Firebird...
i had heared by somebody about insertion of diode in specific configuration near Rossett to safeguard the digital sets but not exactly know how to insert the diodes..
Anybody else to help me ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back