Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8500 and USB modem issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayavauser

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
We are having an issue with S8500 CM3.1.2 where it passes the off-hook test but fails the hand shake test > tried several times / reset media server as a last resort /
not an issue as its not on line with customer yet /
tried another usb modem I know there was a PCN about a year
ago with regards to missing file ( samp-update ) but this is not the issue

thanks to any and all replies

regards

ayavauser

Can you apply the new CM Patch?

I had an S8720 over the weekend do a similar thing. After a LOT of troubleshooting it appeared to be a bad watchdog in the server....

You could have a hardware issue.

The reason I ask about the update...when I tried to apply the CM update to the S8720 it failed in the same directory each time claiming no connection to syslog.

SJF

running patch 11989 for CM 3.1.2

01.2.632.1-11989 activated hot CM3.1.2 Service Pack

ayavauser

I see 01.2.632.1-12249 as of Aug as the last patch was for
June 06

regards

ayavauser

Sweet !! it just passed running patch 01.2.632.1-12249 I will look to see whats running as the latest patch for CM3.1.2

regards

ayavauser

12714 was released yesterday or today and is available for download via the download center...

Glad to see it fixed your problem!

SJF

is it an 8500B or 8500C?
8500B's are currently not supporting 3.1.2 and the samp board therefore the modem.
Avaya is aware of this issue but is not being very proactive at fixing it. Avaya at this case is goign to recommend going to 8500C, but with some customer's that's not a viable solution. Tons of customers have the 8500B out there and they can't go to 3.1.2 (which is problematic anyway in too many ways) because of this samp issue arising when they do go to 3.1.2.
8500C with 3.1.2 works great with teh samp, no problems, so far that i've heard.
Interesting, with every patch and release & server, Avaya fixes a bunch of small things and breaks a large thing.

There seems to be a bit of confusion with the modem issues.

First there are 3 Microsoft Updates that you need to make sure you don't have or you won't connect.

KB911280, KB9166281, and KB917953

Secondly, did you update the modem software. If you don't, you will have problems. The modem upgrade application is on the CM CD. Go find it.

Third. Did you actually go in and set the modem to answer calls. You can verify the settings from the command line by running 'modserv -T -v'. If it's not set, use the web browser to enable the modem. If the modem is not found reboot the server.

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back