Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8300/G350 Initial Power-up Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooges

Programmer
Sep 4, 2007
US
S8300/G350 new out of the box and installed according to documentation. Alarm light on the S8300 blinks red steadily, and no link light on the Services port. USB modem and CD/DVD-ROM drive power up and I assume are functioning normally. Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks!

When you first power up the S8300 the CM disc has to be in the DVD drive. It loads a small program that assigns the IP address to the services port, so you can telnet in and load CM. Have you gotten that far yet?

is it an s8300c ???

have had this issue with them but as yet no fix.

Thanks.

yes 8300C, I have not tried with a 8300b
have you had and joy with a "b

What ver of CM? only CM4 and above will work on 8300C. you can load CM3 via the DVD but then you cannot ping or telnet to the services port. If you have CM3x then you will need a S8300B

i have been trying to load CM4 onto a c server, but cant ping the services port. to test laptop etc... powered up a b server and telnet/services port worked a treat.

understand cm4 only on c server, but the issue it appears we face is we cant even connect to the server to load in the way we would with a b.

all;

found a fix -

1 - without any power on, install S8300C in MG
2 - connect USB drive with disk in and drive turned on
3 - connect cross over to services port
4 - power on MG
5 - wait
6 - you cant ping 192.11.13.6 you can only telnet to it and this is only when the drive starts being read

unlike S8300B where you seem to be able to connect after power up and can ping, this is the only way i could ge it working.

try it and post back your experiance.

ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back