Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime error starting Quark 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISP
Aug 15, 2005
RO
Every time I start Quark Passport 6.0 for PC, in Windows XP Professional, the program loads the fonts, pauses a few seconds and displays an error:
TITLE: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Text: The program .... QuarkXPress Passport.exe called runtime to terminate in an unusual mode. QuarkXPress will close now.
I re-installed the software but the error stil appearing. However, Quark has been working with that PC about a month ago.
Could somebody advise what can I do?
Thanks.
DEMUS

Are you able to patch it to 6.5? Maybe this is a bug that has been fixed with 6.5.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

Thanks jimoblak, I upgraded but Quark still not working, showing the same Runtime error.
Somebody else has an idea?
Demus

This has happened to me whilst I was in the middle of using it! It crashed and trying to restart it, I got the same message. I have have reinstalled it but it doesn't fix it.

I know this isn't helpful but just to let you know you are not the only one and I need an answer too - I have 3 days to finish a project. If anyone can solve this I'd be extremly grateful!

Gilesy

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I have reinstalled it on another hard drive in the same PC, but still same problem.

Did you manage to solve it?

Cheers

amx

Hi all
Got an answer for this - would have replied earlier but needed to finish my project.

Create a new folder with name "Preferences" under QuarkXPress 6 application folder.

I have no idea why ! But it worked for me. I'd tried reinstalling, upgrading etc. Nothing worked, but adding the new folder sorted it out.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Gilesy

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This was driving me nuts!

Beth

Hiya
When you say "create a new folder under the QuarkXpress application folder."

Can you tell me where the application folder is please. Is it in Program Files?

Thanks...

I've solved my problem with this and Quark is working once again!

The C++ Runtime Library was conflicting with other installed software. So I went to the Add/Remove Programmes and deciced to remove all non-essential programs which would use C++.

It turns out that the Google Info bar I downloaded for IE6 was the culprit for stopping Quark working.

No idea why or how but I'm so pleased that I can design again!

Hope this might be of use to anyone else struggling with this error.

Hey all.

I'm also having the exact same probs as you guys, a couple of weeks ago it worked fine but when i tried to load it up today I got the runtime error.

Typically I have a project that I need to start and have completed by next Monday.

Gilesy could you emphasis a bit more please mate. Perhaps a step by step for all us numnuts who dont know what your on about :)

Nightwork can you think of any other obvious software that uses C++ Runtime Libary that I might have on my computor?

Big cheers

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back