Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a Program as a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRiver31

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2009
US
I am looking to run Avaya monitor as a service so if the user is logged out on the computer or the computer shuts down it will start logging files automatically. Does anyone know of a good program to run monitor as a service?

Thanks Michael

I have managed to do with with vmlite, but that has no options that need to be set. Monitor may be more difficult.

Why do you need to do this?

Monitor should not be kept open for extended periods as it places load on the system CPU.

I am looking to have monitor run all the time in case I have a problem and need to look back at what happened. If the user on the computer is logged out or the computer shuts down I lose monitor. If it was running as a service I could set it to start automatically.

Do you actually have a problem or is this a "just in case" exercise?

It is just in case. I figured I could find something to do this.

I have to agree with HSM
Running sys mon just in case will just result in a full hdd
despite what you may thing looking in tek-tips most IPO's 'Just Work' and never need looking at let alone the in depth reports from monitor.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

After a brand new installation i prefer having ssa and monitor logging for a while.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

its something you might want to do with a Cisco phone system ;-), but please only use that tool for diagnosing genuine issues.

doing what you plan to do makes the customer uneasy about the system and they will just be waiting for something to go wrong all the time!

ACSS - SME

On Tuesday I couldnt hear a couple words that one caller spoke.
Later on Tuesday I heard echo from one caller
After that I heard echo on the speaker phone

On Tuesday I couldnt hear a couple words that one caller spoke.
Later on Tuesday I heard echo from one caller
After that I heard echo on the speaker phone "

"Were they on a mobile?"

"Yes, while on a train, but I'm sure it's the system"

CLUNK.......DIS TONE :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor