Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rundll 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

nreyes92

Technical User
Oct 4, 2001
US
Every time I start my computer I get a Rundll32 error, this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I can still use my programs, but I don't like the fact that I keep getting this message at startup. Can any one help me?

Thanks

hi, sorry this isn't a solution or anything like that, but I'm having exactly the same problem. Are there any new programs you've installed...if so what are they, and I may have installed similar ones?? Just a thought.

But yeh, anyone who reads this and has any kind of idea what's wrong PLEASE help..it's very disconcerting and irritating getting this message!
PLEASE HELP US :D
thnx y'all

JoE

You might try running c:\windows\system\sfc.exe and
extract one file from installation disk. The file would
be RUNDLL32.EXE. You might also want to Scan for Altered Files to see if any others need fixing.

If your system was installed by professionals, the location of your "installation disk" is C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS
If that doesn't work, you'll have to put the CD in.

Hello, nreyes92.

What is the exact error message? What do you mean by you can still use your programs? Does it mean it boot normally after enter?

regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back