Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run32.dll Shutdown Problems!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonnier

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2001
US
I am having problems with shutdown on a clients computer running Windows XP Pro. The run32.dll comes up when you try to shut down windows. I have tried running Norton Antivirus in both safe mode and normal mode and I have run Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6.0 and SpyBot Search and Destroy and nothing seems to work. I have deleted the run32.dll file from the Windows directory and expanded a new run32.dll from a XP Pro disk and it worked for 3 shutdowns and now it is going back to the run32.dll problem. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks

What message are you getting?
Have you got any more clues in the Event Viewer.
Do a search of the machine for run32.dll, that does not sound like a Windows file, do you mean RunDll32.exe?

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

I did mistype the name it should be RunDll32.exe. I am going to try the suggestions given at Removing adware & spyware
FAQ608-4650
which 2 of you have advised me to do. I will let you know the results when I get back to the clients computer.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back