Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing VDN to Coverage Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPgirl

ISP
Apr 27, 2004
US
I have two different types of calls coming in and I want to use the same coverage path with x port station.

Basically local calls go to x6xxx with cov path 95. Coverage path 95 has four cov answer groups in order.

Toll free numbers need to go through the same route, but afterwards be directed to an off site toll free number. Toll free numbers point to a vdn which points to that same cov path... can I just put

vector
route to x6xxxxx
route to off site toll free?

I want it to ring through the whole cov path and then go back to the vdn to go off site to the toll free.

Thanks
Randa

This solution will definitely NOT work.

When you route your calls away to cov. answ. groups, they will never hit the next step in your vector.

You'll need to think of something else.

(why are you working with cov. ans. groups??: if you were to place these persons in a skill you could use the vector to queue the calls at the skill and have all sorts of other conditional based vector step to reroute other calls to another point)

I didn't think so. I don't think we have the correct licensing for skill based and what we are using this for now is only going on for a short time.

They want about 30 stations to ring all at once so I had to put them in a few cov ans groups and a cov path.

Only one of the groups is supposed to go to the offsite location if not answered. I probably just need to make two total separate ones.

I was trying to avoid using another x port station for the coverage. I didn't think that I could route to a coverage path from a vector. Or can I?

Thanks

If you don't want to use up licenses on the switch, you can create virtual stations instead of x-ported stations. When you add the station, just make the "type" virtual. That will allow you to assign a cover path, but will not use up any of the licenses.

You can also do the same thing by adding a hunt group with no members and just assigning a cover path.

If I understand correctly, that's easy! But, you'll need to have different programming for each type of call (because you do want them to do different things). There is no way in a vector to differentiate between those two types of calls and send them somewhere else. If you only get local calls on your local number (meaning from someone in the area), you might be able to use ANI (of you have it and have the RTU) but that's making alot of assumptions.

So the call flow is...local calls go to the 4 CAGs but DON'T go to the Toll Free number. Your incoming Toll Free calls go to the 4 CAGs then you want them to route to an Outbound Toll Free Number. Is that right? If that's not right, then call me some stupid name and ignore the rest of this.

Cov Path 95 could be for your local calls, and let's say 96 is for your incoming Toll Free calls. In CP 95 you'll simply have each point as one of the CAGs. In CP 96 you'll have the same 4 points as 95 but add an remote coverage entry in point 5 that routes to your outbound Toll Free Number.

COVERAGE POINTS for CP 96
Point1: c1 Point2: c2 Point3: c3
Point4: c4 Point5: r1 Point6:

"change coverage remote" will look like this
REMOTE CALL COVERAGE TABLE
01: 91800111222

You'll need a unique station for each call type so you can have each type of call have a different coverage path, yet still be programmed in a similar manner (That will be helpful in the future). In addition you'll want to make sure your x-ported station have a COR that will allow it to make the outbound call to the toll free number.

If reporting in BCMS or CMS is going to be an issue, then set up a VDN/Vector for each of your incoming call types (first step in call). The vector will have a simple "route-to" to one of the unique extensions you've already set up above. That will allow you to pull reports on each type of call via a VDN report. If you want to know how many calls are not getting answered locally and getting routed to the outside number, then instead of using remote coverage, create a 3rd VDN/Vector that routes to the outbound toll-free number. Then in CP 96 Point 5, enter a "v" and your vdn number (ex: "v1234").

COVERAGE POINTS for CP 96
Point1: c1 Point2: c2 Point3: c3
Point4: c4 Point5: v1234 Point6:

I hope that's helpful and not just a lot of stuff to read that didn't address your issue.

Thank you so much! Are you saying that I can change all my x ports to virtual and not use a license? It will still route to the correct coverage?

That solves my problem.

The only time you really need to use an export is if you're putting an message waiting indicator (aut-msg-wt) on someone's phone so they can see if there are voicemails in that extension's mailbox. Otherwise, if you only need the export to point to a coverage path, you can use a virtual station instead.

Be aware, you'll probably have to remove the station, and then add it back as a virtual.

I have lots of them in our switch for the same type of thing...cover answer groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back