Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Phone calls based on Time Profiles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum04

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2012
Is there a way to route incoming phone calls to various users based on time profiles? For example, I have a toll free number for our support line but have multiple people working different shifts. User A works shift 1 on Monday, User B works shift2 on Monday, User C works shift 1 on Tuesday and User D works shift 2 on tuesday. Can I route calls coming during those hours accordingly to the corresponding users?

Yes, look at incoming call route and in destinations press help, then read about time profiles :)

I am helpless here and any detailed guidance will be highly appreciated. I did look in the help sectio for incoming call route, but nothing's there about time profiles. I do know how to create multiple time profiles but do not know how to make the connection for the phone call. Please help!

Program your time profile then add them to the incomming call route.
Then select wich HG or extention the call should go when it match that time profile.

When you're reading the help file on ICR, make sure you on looking at the destination tab. It's very specific.

Thank you guys for all the inputs. I have tried your suggestions and looks like I can achieve what I want to do. I will work on this and will let you know how it goes. Once again, thank you all for your time and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back