Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing issue Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayacoolstuff

Technical User
Jan 31, 2019
US
Hello,

I have an issue, if I dial the number directly it’s working and if I am routing a number via VDN, it’s not working and I get an error “denial event 1183”

No different, direct dial from extension work, but if route via VDN and dial from VDN it does not work

What does the vector look like? What are you routing to in the vector/vdn?

It’s has a vec step “ route to number xxxx cov y if unconditionally

Is it a station/hunt group/etc? Sip station, digital, IP phone?
Was it working before?
The COR of your station is the same as the VDN?
Does the call have to traverse a trunk to get to the destination?
Trace the call from your ext direct and then to the vdn, what's different?

You already said the COR is the same on the VDN as on the station so there goes the most common reason.
VDN/Vectors typically route calls from the same location as PROCR, usually using the ARS analysis location ALL table. Your station may be using a specific location ARS Analysis to route the call.
If you have Tenant Partitioning, check the Tenant of the VDN compared to your station. That may cause the VDN to use a different route pattern with a different FRL.
This one is obvious but check the number in the "route to" step and make sure it is exactly the same as what you dial, including the ARS access code. If you dial "9 1 234 567 8910" then that needs to be in the route to statement. Transposed numbers can be tricky to spot.

I would expect more information from your trace than just the denial event that will point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back