Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Route internal & external calls to different VDN's 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmathieu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2015
US
I'm using Avaya CM 3.1 with Hospitality features, BCMS and Attendant Vectoring for a hotel. We've use a single VDN (5991) to route all calls to the attendant hunt group through a simple vector that plays BGM and brand messages and repeats a "please hold" message periodically until the caller is connected. The hunt group has from 1 to 3 stations logged in based on call volume. I've created and tested an automated attendant (VDN 5700) to offload operator call volume by routing calls to the appropriate department, providing directions to the hotel via recorded messages, transferring calls to a central reservations line, or routing calls to the attendant hunt group so they can connect callers with a guest. We use tenant partitioning to provide separate BGM for our restaurant since it is independent from the hotel and has its own music source, although the same VDN is used in each partition to direct calls to the same attendant (VDN 5991) for internal calls. I don't want to use the new Auto Attendant VDN for internal calls since we don't want guests to go through all the menu choices when they call from their room - they should just connect with the operator. When I change the VDN on the tenant partition page (Attendant Vectoring VDN: 5991 or 5700) it changes both internal and external call routing. I cannot find how to route internal and external calls to the separate VDN's, so I'm stuck not being able to implement the new AA for incoming calls.

How can I route internal and external calls to separate VDN's? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've spent countless hours researching to no avail.

ISDN/PRI
Group Number 1
Group Type isdn
CDR Reports y
Group Name US-LEC ISDN-PRI
Native Name
Script Tag
COR 11
TN 1
TAC 701
Direction two-way
Outgoing Display n
CESID I Digits Sent
Trunk Signal Type
Dial Access n
Busy Threshold 255
Night Service
CO Type analog
Protocol Type inloc
Queue Length 0
Enable Q-SIP QSIG Reference Trunk Group
Country 1
Version a
Incoming Destination
Comm Type voice
Service Type public-ntwrk
Auth Code n
TestCall ITC rest
Digit Absorp. List
Prefix-1 y
Usage Alloc n
Far End Test Line No
Trunk Flash n
Toll Restricted y
TestCall BCC 4

Could the answer be as easy as using the incoming-call handling table to direct the inbound DID to another VDN?
That way, calls to the DID xxx-xxx-5991 could be routed to 5700 and the new AA while internal calls to 0 would still be answered by your regular 5991 VDN and vector.

I am not sure what data the CO is sending to the switch for evaluation but would guess we're getting at least 4 digits based on our DID range (DID's not in the ldn table bypass the attendant). I could potentially use the incoming call handling table to manage the routing, but would need additional help with that. What command would I need to use to administer the incoming call handling table from GEDI or emulation?

The VDN 5991 is not a DID, nor is 5700 for the AA. The DID range is 5900 - 5960. The main number and ldn is 5900 and and the 'display listed-directory-numbers' shows:
0 Operator TN=1
5900 Main Number TN=1

We have the Attendant Vectoring feature, and the 'display tenant 1' output shows:
Attendant Vectoring VDN=5991 (when I change this to 5700 all calls to 0 and 5900 route to 5700)

If I just change the VDN for the Auto Attendant from 5700 to 5900 will that work because it's in the DID range and would be in the data passed by the trunk? If I try to add a VDN of 5900 it won't work - I get the error "identifier is already used". Would I need to delete the 5900 ldn for this to work? I guess I could test this quickly at a low call volume period, but would prefer to understand call handling flow before I make changes since there might be other impacts that I'm not aware of.

You should find your answer in ''Administering Avaya Aura®
Communication Manager'' document.

But basicaly, the ''chan'' inc trunk XX is a simple table where the incoming received digit from ISP's match an incoming number/VDN..

Don't follow the cows

Ok.
Listed Directory Numbers allow specific, inbound calls to reach the attendant group.

Tenant Partition 1 defines the Attendant Group VDN (5991)

Numbers in the Listed Directory Numbers will route to the Attendant Group. It's basically doing what I suggested with the incoming call handling: Calls to 5900 are really being answered by 5991.

So if duplicate your VDN 5700 as 5900, and remove 5900 from the Listed Directory Numbers, then calls to 5900 should be answered by your new AA Vector.
You can test this by picking an unused DID and creating a VDN pointing to your new AA Vector. Once you are satisfied the calls work as desired you can make the changes to 5900 and test again.

Thanks so much ZeroZeroOne! The removal of the 5900 ldn record and configuration of a vdn in my DID range did the trick. [smile]

Internal calls are still hitting the attendant hunt group as they are supposed to, and the external calls are routed through the auto attendant vector.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back