Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rogers Home Phone vs Norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatts

Technical User
Apr 28, 2005
CA
I have a customer with a CICS 6.1 ksu and a new CI card / Callpilot 100. He has 2 lines that he switched from Bell to Rogers Internet Home Service.

It seems when he made this switch, he lost disconnect supervision from the provider. Calls to Rogers have gotten me no where ( their customer service leaves alot to be desired IMO ).

I have read that Vonage ( a similar service ), you can simulate disconnect supervision with the router.

My question is, has anyone dealt with this situation before ? And have any ideas how to restore DS ? The customer has basically lost his voicemail due to calls not hanging up.

This is common with VoIP carriers. What kind of ATA did Rogers supply and do you have the password to get into it?

If you can't get into it, and Rogers won't help you, you may have to get a CPC adapter from Mike Sandman.

Norstar & Vodavi phone systems and network cabling in Gainesville & Ocala Florida

Personally I have 3 Vonage lines going into my Norstar at my office and 2 Vonage lines going into my Norstar at home with no problems. It might be less hassle to jump over to Vonage.

I've had one situation where I swapped regulard lines to VOiP Lines and the system would act as if no line were plugged in. (Would get NOT IN SERVICE when trying to grab a line) system had a global Caller-ID Card. I swapped it for one of the old ones, and it worked !

As for the disconnect supervision, i'd hassle rogers some more. It's their job to supply that. I've been through it a few times. If you get someone who doesn't know what you're talking about, you won't get far. Just keep escalating it.

This DS problem is wide spread. Anyone know what kind of VOIP 'modems' actually have the ability to do loop current disconnect?

PhM

VVV

Thanks for all the tips. I will post if I get a solution.

Try to buy Linksys VOIP adapater and use that with the CICS, it works great for us when using Linksys VPIO adapter.

cain12,

Does it have loop current disconnect supervision?

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back