Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringdown phone

It wire techs

Vendor
Dec 5, 2017
US
I need to make a phone call into an attendant greeting as soon as it goes off hook. The greeting has to have 5 keypress options to go to other mailboxes with the same. It is an intercom call because it is in network. Similar to a hotel lobby phone

I need to make a phone call into an attendant greeting as soon as it goes off hook. The greeting has to have 5 keypress options to go to other mailboxes with the same. It is an intercom call because it is in network. Similar to a hotel lobby phone
Oh. I don't have the equipment yet. I will but it based on those needs

You gave a little more info in your [URL=']General forum post[/URL] but Norstar or BCM does not have so called "dial action table".

Mailboxes are to leave a message, not to then be given more dialing options which is the job of AA or CCR.
I would think people that pickup a lobby phone want choices, info greetings or a human and not a mailbox.

In Nortel language it would be:
Set is hotline to AA when going off hook
AA answers with a greeting
CCR options (1 to 5) point to where needed such as Set, Hunt group, Info greeting, offsite #.

You did not give an example so I don't get the call flow, however other members know about this "dial action table" term so they are best suited to help out.

Yea ,.,.SOrry NEC is Dial Action Table, Nortel is CCR. RIng down phone NEC is a hotline in Nortel. My real question is will the Nortel Hotline to AA. NEC is having problems with it. I cant get to AA on a hotline unless it comes in on a CO, the hotline to AA will not answer on a intercom call. Not to a group, not to a phone. Cant hotline to 700, I get bionic betty

The reply mentioned by Lundah in the General forum is typical workaround, that is to Hotline "Internal" to an analog port's DN which is cross-connected back into a trunk port assigned to AA.

Above method for Norstar or BCM:
Sets Prime Line = Intercom
Hotline/Internal/ATA's DN/
Program AA to answer with CCR, record choices under Path 0 only.

Callpilot on the BCM has a nifty feature.
I did some testing this morning (on BCM50) using the "Service DN" in Callpilot.
When picking up the receiver you can get a specified greeting table to answer the call.

Method on a BCM50

Phone System
In Hunt Groups
-Choose an available Huntgroup DN
---Add the vmail DN as a member
---Set the mode to Sequential or Rotary only
In Sets
-Choose your set
---In Capabilities Hotline to Internal/HG's DN

Callpilot
-In Configuration/Service Directory Number Table: Create a Service DN using the Hunt Group DN
-Select "Greeting Table"
-Do not record any greetings in Table/Greeting, but do disable the Tables "Menu Prompt" & record a second of silence.
-Record your 5 options in CCR

I see no evidence that a Callpilot 1xx will do this.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back