Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Options Not going to Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcsavaya

MIS
Oct 6, 2009
US
I have a 500v2, and Im not understanding why I cant get this to work.

The ring options for outside calls and inside calls is the same...how can I change this universally? They all have the same ring options for inside and outside calls. I thought by default this was different.

9608's

I am currently having the same issue with a customer on 8.1 (69) Basic edition. It seems that I can change the line ringing, but then that ringing is the same after selecting an extension from the auto attendant that rings an individual extension.

Any ideas?

I have the Lines as Ring Pattern 5 and the extension to ring pattern 2.

Not a clear question but here is how stuff works on IP Office in respect to ring patterns:

The ring sequence patterns in the User > Telephony pages apply only on analog stations
Internal ring applies to station to station calling.
External pattern applies to all other situations:
External call to internal station
Transfer attempt from internal station with a held external call to oanothe internal station
External call transferred by a AutoAttendant
Then there are some other special ring patterns for callbacks, priority calls etc.

Ring patterns on Digital Stations, IP Stations, SIP Stations and IP DECT stations are set in the station, IP Office tell them only if the call is internal or external and the phone use the programmed ring pattern.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

SSo the phone decides what to use? It wasn't always that way was it?

can I set this in 46xx?

My Issues is, the customer has the phones ring everyone for 2 rings. If no one answers it goes to the auto attendant. Then a option to ring an extension is selected, so that extension rings.

Their issue is that those first 2 rings are always the same as the rings after their extension is selected in the autoattendant.

So, even when setting the line ring different then that of the extension ring, the same ring is before and after the auto attendent for external calls.

The display also shows the same exact thing.

They would really like to know when someone is calling just for them, vs when its those first two rings.

Thanks.

For IP Office a external call is a external call no matter were or when it rings.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

By default the 9608 has rich ringtones and then there is no difference between incoming externally and internally.
Change it back to classic and it is back like it was :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

18.5.4 Ring Sound
As well as ring patterns, you can change the sound of the ring tone used:
Note: The default ring tone is set by the administrator.
1.Press the MENU/HOME button and select Settings.
2.Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight Options & Settings. Press Select.
3.Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight Screen & Sound Options. Press Select.
4.Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight Personalized Ringing. Press Select.
· Press Rich or Classic to alternate between rich and classic ring tone options.
· Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the different available ring tones.
· Clicking on a ring tone will play that ring tone through the phone's speaker.
· Press the Play soft key to listen to the currently displayed ring tone.
· Press Other to hear a different version of the ring tone.
· To make the currently selected ring tone the ring tone for the phone, press the Save soft key.
· To leave the menu without making any changes press the Cancel soft key.
5.Press Back / Exit to exit the menus.

I found it, thanks!

The display on the phone should show if it is a direct call or a call for the hunt group.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back