Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

riloe with the dl360 g1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBPhoneGuy

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
US
hello im trying to install a remote insight lights-out board in my dl360. i have tried two different boards and on bothe of them i cant get the keyboard to work. I have tried it with all cables pluged into the board and all cables pluged into the system and no keyboard either way. the mouse works fine i can logon from another computer cause i cant assign an ip caust i cant the the keyboard to work......when i first turn the system on the 3 lights ont the keyboard flash like normal but it never works.....if i let it boot all the want to windows login the mouse and monitor wor but no keyboard....i have had everything working on other boards it just seems funny the these 2 board would both have the same problem......any ideas

thanks

Have you connected the internal cable from the lights out board to the connection on the system board?

See page 3-3 in the PDF document link below:

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

yeah everythingis connected Im thinking maybe its possible that it is an imbedded firmware issue or something nbut i cant figure this one out.....

We don't have any DL360 G1 server's, so I don't know if this is relavent or not. Some servers will only work properly if the RIB-LOE is installed into a specific slot in the server. I think it needs to be in the 32-bit slot.

dont have anything that old either
rilo's used to have to go into the last slot or first slot pending on orientation - it should be written on the underside of the lid

tended to be the one at the end of mb

yeah i know all that thanks for the help though..... I think it might have some hing to do with the firmware chip our vendor sent me 3 ore boards and they all work fine of couse i did make them test them on the same system i am using so......other than the firmware chip i cannot think of anything else..... plus the firmware chip is kinda outta my control so i like the idea of the problem being that rather than ME...lol

thanks guys

HI,

Get the latest bootable firmware CD from HP. Start the server and check its all okay at this level before doing anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back