Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving VM message from VM 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaad

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
Sort of an odd question here, but it is urgent. someone
has left a very important/disturbing message on our VM system.. it is saved in a VM box and cannot be transferred for some reason. How can I retrieve that msg from our VM system? is it saved as a .wav file like the accouncements?
I have a Monitor/keyboard plugged into our ICS, I also have an IP assigned to the system and can mange the VM system using the remote utilities. somehow I need to get a copy of this voicemail message off of the ICS. can anyone offer any assistance?
thanks in advance.
Nick

Use a recording device to record message. Hold handset upto recording device while listening to message. You can use your copmputer mic and record as a wav file if you want. I usually use a cheap tape recorder.

Good Luck!!

Is there really no way to extract a message from the system at the OS/2 operating system level?

Has anyone ever done this...

I have a file that was pulled from the system, and can't seem to get it to open in any format... .wav, .vox, dialogic PCM at any sample rate.

The NAM I'm referring to is connected via fiber.

Any takers?

purchase license for unified messaging/desktop messaging and save MSG to desktop in wav format

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Nope, that won't work.

Customer (a school district) had a bomb threat... We have pulled the file out from the OS/2 level, and can't get it to play in any recognizable format...

Someone mentioned a format called "Thump"

Haven't ever heard of it...

Is there no conversion tool for this?

I think Pat is right. We have desktop messaging on our NAM and messages appear as a wav file attachment in Outlook. These attachments can then be saved or copied to the folder of your choice.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back