Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting long distance dialing after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariadne

MIS
Jul 5, 2002
US
Is there a way, similiarly to the ability to change an extension's coverage path, depending on the time of day?

Where do I need to look in the PBX to set this up?

Thanks!

You can create a "time of day" coverage path via "add cov time of day" the screen is fairly self explanatory but if you need more help just post. Once you have created the time of day cp just administer the station with it.

Sorry- I didn't explain myself well. What I would like to do, is restrict long distance dialing from certain extensions, based on time of day. I had it in the title but not in the body of the message.

Thanks!

Please clarify the question...the subject and body of the original post are not related.

Coverage path has nothing to do with outbound dialing.

I want to set up something that allows me to control the COR of a station based on Time of Day. I used the example of being able to change cov paths depending on TOD and wondered if there was something similiar to that, that would allow me to control where people are dialing outside of normal business hours.

I am trying to prevent toll fraud from happening after hours when the office isn't filled with people. This would only be set on "public" phones in meeting rooms and one on one rooms that we have in our building. I would assume that if someone was in need of making a LD call after hours from one of these rooms, an auth code would work.

You can accomplish this through partion routing and or time of day routing. If you do a couple quick searches on this site of patrined routes or time of day you will get some of the porevious examples. While this is not that hard to do it is a bit difficult to explain from scratch.

Take a look at those threads and then ask specifics to get you over any areas you are not picking up.

The short answer to your question is yes. You can accomplish what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back