Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring announcement files to Val boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbupstel

Technical User
Jan 30, 2008
US
I have backed-up announcement files for the Val Boards.I currently have the files on a CD-Rom. If an announcement is somehow deleted, I wonder if it may be restored from said CD?

You can use Val Manager to copy the files back to the board. I back them all up regularly to my network, and they are backed up with our network backup. If a file is deleted, all I need to do is restore it using Val Manager, the same way that I put the file on the board in the first place.

gblucas

...alternatively you can ftp the files onto the VAL board.

Oopen a dos command. Change local directory to where the files are located (d:)

enable filexfer board 11A22

Enter a login and password

ftp to board ip address from dos prompt.

ftp>bin
ftp>prompt
ftp>mput .wav

This will load all the wav files onto the board. You will have to make sure that the filenames match the announcement names in change announcements screen.
If you have not renamed the files then this should be fine.

Ronster

Science is the rehab of the masses.

I have used the "change announcements" command in ASA to change the name of several announcements. After renaming the sound file, what is the best way for me to go about reloading the renamed files back to Val manager?

Just copy it over to the VAL board with the new name. Delete the file under the old name.
Next time, change the name in the VAL software instead.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

If you have to use FTP to upload announcements to a board, don´t forget to use "enable filexfer" command to set a username and password to get FTP access to the board.

Use "dissable filexfer board" if you want to came back to use VAN again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back