Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resources for Learning BCM450 and General Telephony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2012
Good morning,

I've previously worked in enterprise environments, all of which had dedicated phone system support experts. I've transitioned to a much smaller environment and have inherited telephony responsibilities along with my other IT SysAdmin duties.

I really don't know anything about how (non-IP) digital phone systems work. I'll be supporting a BCM450. I have the password to get it, but have no idea what all the various fields and options are in the interface. I don't know a trunk from a DID from a PRI.

I have found all the documentation that is on the system, and I'm starting to read that, and I've found this active and helpful forum :) but any ideas where I can get learn from a 30,000ft view downward into the nitty gritty of telephony? (I can't find any books on Amazon that seem to match my needs either.)

Thanks and regards.

Besides Element Manager you can see/get more info/software on your Internet Browser.

If the BCM is on the network then enter it's IP into your browser and you will see all the DOC's required as well.
Same login as E.M.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back