Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resilience & Recording Archiving 1

William C290

Technical User
Jul 25, 2024
JO
Hello,

I have this message when configuring recording archiving on the secondary voicemail server.

The SE is Rls 12.0, and I don't have issues with username and password, it's the same I can access primary voicemail and primary server.

Any idea to solve this?

Attachments

• 20240917_135807.jpg
    20240917_135807.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 17
@Ekster: I followed the same, but nothing changed, the test connection failed.

Attachments

• FTP Error.jpg
    FTP Error.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2
Could you expand on exact what you are running. Is this Server Edition or Select? Are you archiving to Media Manager or Xima?

The screenshot is Voicemail Pro client, not MM!

In Server Edition you don't configure anything on the secondary voicemail, it mirrors the configuration of the primary voicemail. During resilience, the secondary VM takes over call recording but there is no archiving to MM. Once resilience is over, the secondary VM transfer a new messages and recordings to the primary VM at which point Media Manager picks up the recordings.

If I recall correctly, the two VMs talk to each other using SMTP for the transfer of configs, messages, recordings, etc.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back