Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset BCM password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antaew

Technical User
Aug 31, 2012
US
I can't access our switch due to a vendor changing the password. What can i do? None of the default passwords i know work.

You can do a level 2 reset but that will wipe everything out and take it to factory default. Or you can open a ticket with Avaya and have them give you the password of the day. But that will cost you.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Thanks... Password of the Day is my next step

Antaew, let me know what the cost of getting the PW reset from Avaya. I need to get it done on 2 systems.

Some can save the lic file from the hard drive, then reset the BCM to defaults and reload the lic file. Of course this requires reprogramming unless you have a recent backup.

As curlycord asked, can't the vendor change it back or tell you the password?

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

The original vendor changed the password without letting my customer know about. Go Figure

I had a case recently whereby I couldn't connect to the BCM, but I found I could browse to it OK. It needed a reboot to allow me to use Element Manager again.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

if the customer owns the equipment by law the previous vendor needs to supply you with the password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back