Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Res 5.4 Reports load Blank White page

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwwillia

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2015
CA
This happens to only one of our sites.

Windows 8.1 running Res 3700 5.4 MR4. Running any report results in a blank white page instead of the report. IIS and Res has been reinstalled at this site and it has not fixed the issue. Any ideas?

Capture_cfxtzs.jpg

tray to reload de Micros Remoting service, install acrobat 11, check the regional settings

Unfortunately that did not work

1. Reinstalled Adobe XI, verified it works by opening PDF file
2. Verified Regional Settings set as per our other sites
3. Restarted Micros REmoting Service

Report loads to a blank screen.

mmm is the netframework update?
is the host from c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc updated with all ip adress

in c:\inetpub\create the web.config whith this information where es-GT is to your regional settings:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<globalization culture="es-GT" uiCulture="es-GT" />
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="600"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I can confirm that the hostfile is right. I have added the web.config file, but the issue still persists.

es un poco extraño que no funcione trate de actualizar los siguientes directorios en el equipo donde se esta ejecutando
d:\micros\res\pos\reports and c:\micros\res\eo\reports

anterior mente tenia ese mismo problema y se solvento configurando todos los pasos que le mencione
si esto no funciona puede que sea un problema con windows 8

Are you using Teamviewer on the server ?
Usually restarting remoting services helps.

I am not, we use screen connect. This is the only site having the issue out of 10 or so sites using the same image. It is very strange.

Can you check, if you have Indexing Service active ?
You can check it, if you go through Programs and Features --> turn windows features off on -----> look, if IIS, IIS hostable webcore, indexing service are active. Make them active, then restart PC.

Indexing is turned on. IIS and IIS Hostable Webcore are active.

They are - But I was able to resolve the issue

I mentioned before I had reinstalled IIS and ran a repair on Micros RES 3700 5.4 and then reapplied MR4 patch. I opened up the Prerequisite file and noticed it was here that installed the Crystal components. Realizing that I ran a repair on the Prerequisites and after a reboot reports now work correctly.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

/I belivee it is report templates

I need to verify w/someone 1st

Check your Java installation.
Sometimes, I've have issues with older versions of Java running. Also, add the the webpage of your Reports to Configure Java within the Security Tab and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back