Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

requerying subform (container) in 2007 vs. 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpeggione

Programmer
Nov 23, 2005
US
Hi all: From a ComboBox "afterupdate" event in a form, I requery a subform (in a container), based upon the ID of the record the user chooses (me.txtUserADID). This worked fine in Access 2003. The query - at the query level also works fine in 2007 (if I type in the ID) - either in the query or when asked. But...I can't get the subform to display the requeried data in 2007 or 2010. Any ideas? Code below:

Thank you!
Karen

Public Sub ComboAdUpdate()
On Error GoTo myErr
Me.txtSiteAD.SetFocus
Me.txtUserADID = Me.cboSiteAd.Column(2)
Me.txtSiteAD = Me.cboSiteAd.Column(0)
Me.txtADDescrip = Me.cboSiteAd.Column(1)
MsgBox "txtuseradid = " & Me.txtUserADID

Me![AssemblyDetailDescriptionCtnr].Form.Requery
Me.cboEditMid.RowSourceType = "Table/Query"
Me.cboEditMid.RowSource = "SELECT [MID_ID], [MID], [Assy], [Description], [UOM] FROM tblMaterial ORDER BY tblMaterial.MID;"
Me.txtEditQty.SetFocus

myExit:
Me.txtEditQty.SetFocus
Exit Sub

myErr:
If Err.Number = 3021 Or Err.Number = 3077 Then
Resume Next
Else
MsgBox Err.Number & ", " & Err.Description
GoTo myExit
End If
End Sub

ok...Duane: I pasted your code (a vba version of my query) into my procedure - and....I got the message both before and after. I also deleted the container (in case it was corrupted) and replaced it with a new one - same name. And...still no luck.
I don't think it is the code. It is something with the container (Note that I can get the subform to fill on its own outside the container with this query....

thx for your help - I will try your link.

Karen

arpeggione . . .

And what happened with:

Code:
[blue][AssemblyDetailDescriptionCtnr].Form.RecordSource = [AssemblyDetailDescriptionCtnr].Form.RecordSource[/blue]

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

Yes...on the "Option Explicit" question...

and...the "Debug Compile" option works. No errors come up (I actually fixed a couple a few days ago that I found using the "Debug Compile". Is that what you mean?

Thank you again for all of your efforts...

When your code is in break mode, you can open the debug window (press ctrl+G) and type in various expressions to check their value like:
Code:
? Me.[AssemblyDetailDescriptionCtnr].Form.RecordSource

? Me.txtUserADID

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

ahh...thank you. I tried this....I get the same result with my message boxes....

arpeggione . . .

At this point (if it were me) I'd delete then [blue]instantiate the subform again[/blue]. For different reasons from this thread, I've done this in the past, subsiding some problems to nothing. Hope it works for you ...

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back