Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reportitem body has no content (hard to solve i think) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppientini

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
IT
With Access 2000 i can read the messages in the Inbox folder of Outlook. This works well for email messages (the mailitem class object), but if i try to read a report (reportitem class object) the Body property is empty.

I spent a long time surfing the net and microsoft support sites to find a workaround, but the only lights were that the body is assembled by the display form using "various" Mapi functions. No more details, of course.

I there any guru that knows how to access the body content ?

Thanks a lot !!!

ppientini,

Over a year later and I'm havin the exact same problem. I can get the subject to populate, but I don't know what field the actual message is located in. The body field is blank. MailItem body field works fine, ContactItem all fields populate fine... but when we try to populate based on ReportItem's Body field, no luck. I've tried a ton of stuff (different fields that could be body) but no luck. Anyone know how to get past this? I need the context of that report exported into my DB through code... Thanks.

-Josh -JPeters
These things take time...
Got a helpful tip for Access Users? Check out and contribute to 'How to Keep Your Databases from becoming Overwhelming!'
thread181-293590

Hi, Josh, according to article Q223906, MS still has not found a cure for this.

Indu

Indu,

Thank you very much! You have just made my work day a bit easier!

-Josh -JPeters
Got a helpful tip for Access Users? Check out and contribute to 'How to Keep Your Databases from becoming Overwhelming!'
thread181-293590

One more thing... The article basically says that I'm out of luck until my company upgardes to 2002? So there is absolutely no way to programatically populate the ReportItem Body in any previous versions of Outlook?

-Josh -JPeters
thread181-293590

Allow me to Rephrase this. I've spent about 2 hours going through each OutlookItem (reportItem, noteItem, mailItem..etc) seeing if maybe Outlook just stores this ReportItem Body field somewhere else... I can't find it anywhere, but it HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE - otherwise how would outlook store it? Does anyone know where to find it. That's the question I mean to ask. -JPeters
thread181-293590

HI lucky guys!

I solved (partially) the problem, but it's so far in time that i have to search for the sources. I remember something but i can't give you detailed info. I thin it's necessary ti save the body in a file ... stay with us, i will post my experience !

ppientini,
You managed to get it working? Great! I'd love to know how you did this. I tell you what, it must have been a head-ache to figure out.

-Josh

------------------
-JPeters
thread181-293590
jpeters@guidemail.com
------------------

From a NG (5th Mar 02):

You might want to try Redemption (url in my sig.) - it's Recipient object (e.g. SafeMailItem.Recipients.Item(1)) has Fields collection you can use to access properties from the recipient table. Assuming ReportItem is the Outlook OM NDR:

set sItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem")
sItem.Item = ReportItem
MsgBox sItem.Recipients.Item(1).Fields(&H1001001E)

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

xlhelp,
Just read over the website URL, sounds like Redemption is a great program! I will donwload and give it a try. Thanks for stopping back to checkup on me!

-Josh ------------------
-JPeters
thread181-293590
jpeters@guidemail.com
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back