Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report alignment changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tania20

Programmer
Oct 30, 2006
AU
Hi,

I have access2000 and copied this database to a customers computer who also has access2000. On switchboard load event i cycle through all the reports to set the page margins and pagesize (A4). However, it did this all correctly but somehow changed the layout, perhaps slightly increased the margins, so that I had to go into design veiw and change it. Also fields that fit in my table on the report now dont!? I have no idea why this is happening-any suggestions?

Cheers

Tania

my first thought is that the printers are different. if the printer you are using has different base margins this can affect your reports. not sure if there is much you can do about that.

i has tried to get around the problem fo different printers by programmatically setting the page margins and pagesize, but seems to be more than that! could the fact that the customer have a laser printer also be affecting the alignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back