Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Hard drive in a 3.7 Redundant Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnctechdotcom

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
Two Questions here: The first is that I am looking for the procedure for replacing one of the two hard drives in a redundant 3.7 system. The one I am replacing failed and is only running on one drive. I do believe that I have completed this procedure awhile back and it was as simple as just simply replacing the drive and powering it back up, but definately need to confirm before doing it. The second question is: How do I identify the defective drive when I tear the unit apart? Thank you in advance.

Unplug the power plug from one and reboot, if that one works, do the same thing with the other one just to be sure.

You can also tell from the LEDs on the from and they are labeled on the RAID board as PRI/SEC

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Ace is correct. Plus, it's just as easy as you describe. Make sure when it's back up, that you mirror the drives.

Adversity is Opportunity

Make sure you make the one that is still working the Primary drive and the new drive the secondary.

Just so you don't misunderstand me, the RAID CARD has PRI and SEC printed on the PCB, so put the good still working drive on the PRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back