Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing a digital line card

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have a bunch of phones for conference rooms that are on the same card. None of the phones work. Neither do any new phones I add to this card. Can I simply replace the card or do I have to first remove all the phones? Thanks for your help. PS: I am assuming the problem is with the card but really don't know for sure.

you can hot swap the card. what do you get if you stat the card - do you see something like

00 = UNIT 00 = BUSY (2250)
01 = UNIT 01 = BUSY (2250)
02 = UNIT 02 = DSBL (PWR)
03 = UNIT 03 = DSBL (PWR)
04 = UNIT 04 = IDLE (2616)
05 = UNIT 05 = IDLE (2616)
06 = UNIT 06 = IDLE (2616)

if the phones are showing idle can you idu the tns

Are You sure the card isn't just disabled?
if not, try to reset it.
1. Disable the card DISC x (position) in LD32
2. Release the card from the backplane,
just so the backplane-pins looses contact with the card.
3. Wait 1/2-minute, then push the card back into place.
4. Enable the card.
Check to see if the card is functioning now,
if not replace it.

To replace it you need to disable it first, then enable it when you got the new in place.

Hope this helps :)

REQ: STAT 4 0 15
00 = UNIT 00 = UNEQ
01 = UNIT 01 = UNEQ
02 = UNIT 02 = UNEQ
03 = UNIT 03 = UNEQ
04 = UNIT 04 = UNEQ
05 = UNIT 05 = UNEQ
06 = UNIT 06 = UNEQ
07 = UNIT 07 = UNEQ
08 = UNIT 08 = IDLE (2616)
09 = UNIT 09 = DSBL (2616)
10 = UNIT 10 = DSBL (3000)
11 = UNIT 11 = IDLE (2616)
12 = UNIT 12 = IDLE (2317)
13 = UNIT 13 = IDLE (2317)
14 = UNIT 14 = IDLE (2008)
15 = UNIT 15 = BUSY (2616)

When I IDU an IDLE TN I see the phone (no NPR message).

thank you. I'll try this tomorrow.

If you can not IDU any of the TN's it is a bad card. Replace it. If you want to double make sure and you have a second DLC in your system, swap it and your problem should move to the new slot.

I can IDU them. So then is it not the card that's the problem? And that was my original question. I wanted to know if I could simply swap it. It seems I need to first disable the card, then swap it, then re-enable it so I'll give that a try.

thank you.

If you can IDU the units, that meens that the card can
communicate with the sets out on the end of the wiring...
So wiring and signaling should be OK.
You said in your first post that no units is working,
but in the printout for the card, unit 15 is BUSY...
Was it BUSY just at that time, or is it constantly BUSY?
Have you checked that TN? Traced it?

Actually, the phone on TN 4-0-15-15 IS a working phone. But it seems every time we program a phone on any other ports on that card the phone doesn't work. But if this one phone is definitely working then I guess it's not the card after all...I'll have to figure out what it is. thanks anyway for your help.

From distant memory, some of the earlier DGTL cards required port 0 to be programmed to function properly, something about the firmware not operating properly. If, as you say, port 15 is working ok, try moving it to port 0, then reseat the card, then see if you can program the other ports sucessfully. As davidweiss suggested, have you another DGTL card you know is good that you can try swapping with.

Has this card had live phones on it before? I have seen ports on cards die (Just lost 2 TN's on one of my digital cards about 2 months ago. One of them was a console power TN). Also, I've seen where the 25 pair has been punched incorrectly on the 110 block. (I have a white/green and a yellow/green reversed. Yes, our cablers are less than stellar).

yes, it has had phones on it. I'm going to swap it. thanks everyone for your help!

i would like to mov a receptionist phone which is a 2250, i went to LD 20 and as soon as i enter 2250 on type to mov it, i get an error. should i be going to a different LD or is the commands different?

Hi try this:
LD20
REQ: MOV
TYPE: ?
it will list you all possible responses like i2050, 2616, ...

David

you can not mov a console. out it in ld 12 and put it back in

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanks, i am not an AVID PBX programmer but, if i out it then it would be hard to Build since i have no where to CPY 1 from

i usually save anything to a txt file, before i out it. also cpy mov chg or out needs to be done after disu. ? are you taking out the console?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the current TN it on is faulty and would like to move it to a different one, how would i implement what i have on the TXT file when building it?

i don't have a spare and the phone company is taking thier sweet time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back