Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replaced control unit and can't access the IPO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1965flyfisher

Vendor
Dec 9, 2011
US
I'm looking for some assistance. I have a 8.0.16 Essential edition that I installed about 5 years ago. A few weeks ago the power supply in control unit went bad. I had a newer control unit that I had removed which was built with 9.0.
I installed the SD from the 8.0 into the 9.0 control unit and powered up. All the telephones came up and everything was working correct except I cannot access the system with manager. I get a security warning and eventually gives me a network error that it can't connect to the IPO.
My plan at this point is to recreate the SD card to 8.0.66 thinking the old 8.0.16 could be corrupted.
Any thoughts?

What's the security warning?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Reset security settings (Via DTE port)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Swapping the SD card will have moved the configuration over but not the security settings. So it will be running with whatever passwords you originally set on the 9.0 box.

Back in 9.0 you weren't forced to change all the defaults so try going into the security setting using security/securitypwd

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I tried to access security with the default and what was used with the 9.0 and I'm getting a Network Error Failed to communicate with IP Office.
What is really funny is that I can connect with system status.

How many times did you try to access the IPO, you might be blacklisted now. Go to the monitor and see if you are from the status/blacklisted IP addresses.
Mike

log into monitor and then across the top click status then on the drop down click blacklisted IP addresses. If you see your IP address you can remove it by clicking on it then remove IP address from that pane.
Mike

I went to Monitor and Status and there's no blacklisted IP addresses in the drop down.

Check security settings in Manager - perhaps check Secure Communications and None if it is not already checked, or uncheck it if it is checked now.

Have you tried resetting security settings via Manager - maybe only the Administrator password was changed, and not the security password

I tried security with 8.0 password and security with 9.0 password and both get failed to connect to IP Office. Yet I can connect with System Status.

Try using the WAN port for access, I have had the LAN not connect but the WAN connect not sure why.
Mike

What is the network like what are you going through to get to the IPO, firewall, Switch? Are you direct connecting on the WAN port with nothing in between? Have you tried to reboot the IPO? Do you have the offline config that you installed to the IPO and have you verified that the same subnet is being used?
Mike

Got to be something stupid
Web access - Good
System Status - Good
Monitor - Good
Manager - No Good

Tomorrow DTE Reset All Passwords
Then Try again to log in. If that's a NO GO, Recreate the SD.

TTT has already given you the answer. You don't have a passwrd issue, resetting by DTE won't fix it, neither will recreating the SD. It is security settings in Manager preferences. If you already have it turned off, turn it back on and make sure it is none and not low. Those settings won't show if it is 'turned off' but it will still throw a wrench in the works.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks
I believe I did that a couple of weeks ago but I’ll try it again.

I want to thank everyone for assisting me.
Defaulting the passwords by the DTE port did the trick.

That's pretty odd. SSA, Web Manager, and Manager all use the same user/password. But good to know you got it fixed. Pink for posting the resolution. [smile]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back