Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renumbering an active MICS with a PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenityclub

Technical User
Mar 27, 2014
US
I have a MICE that has a PRI installed and we are renumbering our DID's from 5000 to 3000 there are going to be 200 of them. IS there any way to renumber all of them without doing a **STARTUP? If I do a **STARTUP will the PRI keycode be deleted or is there a better way to do this while saving the PRI code?

The only thing that is changing are the DID numbers, so the only thing that needs to be changed on your system are the Received Numbers: Lines > [Target Line] > Trunk/Line Data > Received Number.

If you also want to renumber your extensions so that they match the new DID numbers, you can do so by using the Change DNs utility: System Programming > Change DNs.

There is no need to reprogram everything from scratch.

Yes, I do have the PRI Enabler KeyCode and I do agree that a fresh STARTUP is always the best way to go. I am concerned that if I do a STARTUP the MICS will change it's SYSID number. I have had this happen in the past. If it is not PRI system and a LOOP system no problem it does not matter but with a PRI you have to buy a PRI code again.

Yes, there is a risk of jumping the SYSID, but normally this won't happen if the hardware or software is not changed/downgraded. If the worst happens, Avaya will be able to migrate the PRI Enabler to the new SYSID. Have both the PRI Enabler and current SYSID written down before doing a STARTUP in case it changes.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Thank you. I am just curious but do you have any idea why Nortel could have programmed it to do this? I have never worked with any type of technology that will change it system ID. Usually this is imbedded into a device or component or software and the manufacturer wants it to stay permanent? Was this a design flaw that they never corrected. None of the other Nortel systems do that not even the BCM's or now the new IP Office from Avaya/Nortel.

Just wondering if you know? Thank you!

Not really sure they designed it that way I think it was more of a flaw that never got corrected.

I'm sure they designed it that way knowing if the SYSID did in fact change you would have to contact them to resolve the issue in return making a nice fee for doing it. I personally have done numerous REINSTALLS for this very same reason and never had a problem, maybe I've been lucky?

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back