Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing "New Caller" from M3904 Display 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaMP

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2006
US
I recently installed several of the M3904 phones and a few users had asked if the number of "New Callers" can be removed or hidden from their display (they find it distracting). Is there a way this can be done?

it's done from the set, options then arrow down to the call log options and turn it off

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

or send a group wide email and stay in the switchroom, i vote for the email..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

distracting? Replace with an M8009 or even 8003.
The phone guy giveth, and the phone guy taketh away!

MIKE

With either the digital M3901 or 3902 phones, your users won't have this problem. B-)

I have identical user complaints as DonnaMP. We have started deploying 3904's with our new Option systems - every administration user has an AOM full of other user appearances. "Real" appearances on the admin phonesare a huge benefit over BFS in our culture - so the dang caller list is up to 100 in the first 10 minutes of the day.

Anyone think Nortel released any 39xx series beta sets to real end users before they started full production? Did anyone say "hey cool, my phone is ringing and I'll try to guess why before realizing I have to hit shift" Or how about "I love the variety ...they way the Rls and Hold buttons swap colors from phone to phone" It took what level of expertise to say "think of the revenue when users have to buy a special foot stand to wall mount a phone"

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back