Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing HLOC from incoming digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytele

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
GB
Hi,

We are setting up a VoIP system but have hit on a little snag. One of the systems we have added refuses to strip off the HLOC from the front of the digits. The system rejects the calls giving a "facility rejected" as it can't find a DN that matches the digits presented.

As I understanded it I set the ac2 HLOC of the system in LD 90 then when the calls come in, it recognises the code and strips them off.

Obviously I understand it incorrectly, could someone tell me where I am going wrong please :0)

I have cheated and used an IDC to test that this is the only problem. If I create a mapping HLOCXXXX >> XXXX the call gets through Ok. But I don't really fancy the idea of creating and manually updating an IDC with one entry per DN.

Thanks

TerrFW

Try and put the HLOC in the CDB. Print what is currently programmed in ld 21, gate opener is NET. You can change this in LD 15, CDB.

In ld 90 prt net ac2 loc and you should see the LOC code and a DMI table that strips the LOC digits and delivers the remaining to the digit translator in the pbx.
Thats the way a netwd system dials via LOC codes ie: 788 xxxx and delivers the call to ext xxxx. Also look at dmi table prt DGT dmi x in Ld 86 and see CTYP (call type) may be set as LOC

I have got HLOC in the CDB mkluckie1, thanks.

Roupe, surely the LOC codes are for outgoing calls... it is going to expect me to put a route number if I setup a LOC for my LOC?

You still need to program the HLOC in AC2.
REQ a...a Request (a...a = CHG, END, LCHG, NEW, OUT, or PRT)
CUST xx Customer number associated with this function
FEAT NET Feature = NET
TRAN aaa Translator (aaa = AC1, AC2, or SUM)
TYPE HLOC Type = HLOC (Home Location code)
HLOC xxx y..y Home Location code, where xxx = home location code and
y...y = extended code of 1-4 digits. The extended code is optional.
- DMI 1-255 Digit Manipulation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back