Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing ACD from a NAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roldan

Vendor
Jul 11, 2002
US
Can anybody tell me how to remove ACD from a NAM, I only want VM on this NAM. I have a NAM that I am trying to upgrade from 4.0.04c to 4.1, I do not need the ACD on this NAM and I'm having trouble doing the upgrade. I'm not sure that my problems with the upgrade even have anything to do with the NAM having ACD on it, but since it is not needed I'd like to remove it anyway.

Louie Roldan

there is a 30 step doc that explains how to,,,,am looking for it now

ski season has started

Are you having problems with the NAM taking a 4.1 upload ?
If you are then you may need an upgrade key if it was originally a 3.0 upgraded. You may want to forklift the HDD for a 4.1 loaded and keep the Prelude for rainy day.

CAUTION: Cintech is now requiring a paid support contract when talking to a tech, even on friendly tech support conversations about customer sites. Effective: 2-1-2005

FletcherP,

Yeah, that's exactly the problem I'm having. The NAM was never a 3.0 it was always 4.0 that's why I don't understand the problem I'm having, I've done these upgrades before with no problems but never with ACD NAM's. So my thought was, since I do not need the ACD and Co-res NAM's are not supported I'd remove the ACD all together and try the upgrade again.

Louie Roldan

i cant get onto my intranet to search for doc will try later

ski season has started

why don't you change the HD, you will only need the sekur backup to restor the vm ports.

Thanks guys, I found a refub NAM at a reasonable price so I just replaced what I had and I'm going to save this one for a "rainy day" as Fletch suggested.

Louie Roldan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back